15 Top Business Startup Tips by Mike Armstrong #Startups #MikeArmstrong #Sales #Marketing
Other Entrepreneur Tips
When starting a business the strategy is to do some analysis on the Market Place and some market research (Google is a great place to do this).
1. Check what your competitors are doing and what markets they are aiming at and see if there’s a gap in the market.
2. Then once you see there is, think about what you story and message is and to what audience you are aiming it at.
3. Work on the branding so that it’s telling the right message to the right audience including the name very important.
4. Check the name is Free on Companies House / Registration, Google and all major social platforms.
5. Work on a content portfolio so that you can share the message and synergy messages as well as product and service info and other content, in many ways and to attract many different people in your target segment or segments, regularly with different messages without switching them off.
6. Set up all the things / assets a new business needs - well Optimised Website with Blog, Off-site Blog and a marketing / lead generation add on), Google and Bing Listings, Facebook Pages (for Company and target niches), Facebook Groups for Company and target niches).
LinkedIn Company Pages and Groups a format for profiles for all staff, Twitter Account or Accounts, Instagram, Directory Listings, Geographical and Niche Directories, Podcast, YouTube Channel, Tick Tock, Pinterest etc.!
7. Regularly post good content and squeeze good advertising messages in between with good offers and good call to actions, build up audiences and get them to visit part of your website, your online store, YouTube channel etc.
8. Add an email capture Form to your website for building a database to email too.
10. Add some landing pages and look at FB advertising and adwords etc.
11. Consider Selling on Amazon or Ebay,
12. Attend Events, Expos, maybe host some!
13. Consider trying Telesales and/or Field Sales / Solution sales etc.
14. Do some Organic SEO and link building strategies for your website and blog (podcast and YouTube channels etc.)
15. Do some Content Marketing in other sites and blogs and some PR etc.